richardstephens

reloading updated files.

How can I force AI to pickup newly updated files without having to delete them from the package and add them again ?
It doesn't seem to be doing that and it's quite a hassle having to delete the files then add them again including any shortcuts etc.

Or am I just doing something wrong ?

Thanks.
Catalin

Re: reloading updated files.

Hello Richard,

If I understand your requirement correctly, I think that you may find useful our support for Synchronized Folders. The Synchronized Folders functionality from Advanced Installer allows you to create a synchronization link between a folder located on you hard-drive and one created in your project. This means that every time a project is open, built or you press the [ Refresh ] button in the Files and Folders page, the content of that folder is synchronized to the content of the source folder on disk.

Any modification made to the source folder on the disk will also be made to the synchronized folder in your project. For example, if you add some files in the source folder on the disk they will be added automatically to the synchronized folder in your project.

You can find more information about this on the following article:

"Working with Synchronized Folders"

"Synchronize Folder tab"

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”