ai-user

Translation during uninstall

I’m using AI 14.5.1 Enterprise.
My project is supporting 12 foreign languages and during installation everything is translated correctly. But during uninstall I have a problem with translation of the buttons “Cancel”, “Yes”, “No”.
Looks like at the beginning of the uninstall all of the controls translated correctly (Step1 and Step2), but after progress bar completed and disappeared - “Cancel” button changed to English (Step3), as well as “Yes”, “No” buttons at the end (Step4). How can I get control over these buttons and/or dialogs? I’ve tried to modify .ail files to make sure there is no “Cancel”, “Yes”, “No” in any foreign language .ail file, but the problem is still existing.
Here are the screen shots of my dialogs (French) from the beginning of the uninstall to the end.
Please advise. Thx
Attachments
Step3-4.jpg
Step3-4.jpg (33.92 KiB) Viewed 3585 times
Step2.jpg
Step2.jpg (25.28 KiB) Viewed 3585 times
Step1.JPG
Step1.JPG (22.39 KiB) Viewed 3585 times
Catalin

Re: Translation during uninstall

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

In the "Translations" page --> "Languages" tab --> under "Options" sections, are you using the "Create only a multilingual package" option?

If so, could you please try to go to "Product Details" page --> "Product IDs" tab and set the same Product Code for every language that you have there, rebuild your project and test it once again?

"Why isn't the language preserved during uninstall and maintenance?"

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
ai-user

Hi Catalin,

Yes, the same Product Code set for every language that I have there. Everything is working except the buttons I've mentioned. If you can help me with Control ID of these buttons that would be a helpful. I have a customer in France who's already complained about such a behavior.

Thank you
Catalin

Hello,

Thank you for your followup on this.

After further investigating this, I found out that this is a Windows Installer limitation. Those buttons can not be manually localized, they are automatically localized based on the Operating System language.

Please have a look on the following thread for more information about this:

Multilanguage install, uninstall first dialog is English

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”