NilsSvedmyr

Error: The downloaded update size does not match the size specified in updates configuration file

Hi,
My first posting to this newsgroup to please bear with me :-)

The: "Error: The downloaded update size does not match the size specified in updates configuration file" seems to be a common problem and I have read several other threads about it, but I have not found a solution why I get this error.

In my case I can see that the size specified in the updates.txt (produced by an "update project" in Advanced Installer) is;
"Size = 70143488"

When using FileZilla I can see that the .msi file size on the Linux server is:
"70,143,488" which is bang on with the value in updates.txt

However, when the updater.exe starts and informs that there is an update it says:
"Update Size: 66.89 MB"

But the above byte count clearly should be translated: 68.49 KB or perhaps even 68.50 rounded, right?

So what is going on here?

I've now spent hours on this and I don't quite get what is happening, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Catalin

Re: Error: The downloaded update size does not match the size specified in updates configuration file

Hello Nils and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

A first check would be to see if not, by any means, the updater is blocked by some other software (e.g. antivirus, firewall, etc.).

If that is of no help, could you please forward me the following:

- a copy of your .AIP file

- a copy of your "Updates Configuration" project

- the "updates.txt" file generated by Advanced Installer

by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com so I can further investigate them?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
NilsSvedmyr

Re: Error: The downloaded update size does not match the size specified in updates configuration file

Hi Catalin,

Thank you. A reply with the attachments you asked for has just been emailed to you.
Catalin

Hello Nils,

Thanks for the sent file.

I have answered you on the mail.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Eusebiu

Hi and welcome to our forums.

The error appears when the size specified in the updater configuration file is not the identical to the size of the package that should be downloaded by the updater from the server.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”