ruck64

EULA issues with theme

Using Surface- White Surface

I click on the hyperlinked Licenses terms and conditions.
That link opens up the folder where the MSI is stored. Though there is no link .rtf file in there at all. I did only the bottom section of that install dialog give it the path to my EULA is doesnt seem to use it. Any ideas what may be causing this?
Catalin

Re: EULA issues with theme

Hello Luther,

I have tested this behavior just now and everything worked as expected.

Did you give the path to your .RTF file in that dialog? If not, to do so, you can proceed as it follows:

1. go to "Dialogs" page

2. expand "InstallDlg"

3. expand "AI_INSTALL"

4. click on the "LicenseAgreementDlg"

5. click on the "AgreementText" control and then, on the right side, under "Display", insert the path to your .RTF file:
Annotation 2019-09-17 174609.png
Annotation 2019-09-17 174609.png (115.82 KiB) Viewed 9908 times
Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
ruck64

Thank you Catalin. It probably would help though I am using professional edition and maybe thats why our screens differ so much?
installdlg.PNG
installdlg.PNG (103.61 KiB) Viewed 9907 times
As you can see I have no option to expand insallDlg. I have clicked on add dialog and it gives me the option. I felt as if since it created the hyperlink that that was meant to do it. And thats where I get the issue of it taking me to where the MSI is located.
Catalin

Hello Luther,

Indeed, our screens differ because I was on the Architect version when I got the screenshot.

However, I have just tested this now using the Professional version and it worked as expected using the "Path" field.

In order for me to further investigate this, could you please forward me a copy of your .AIP file by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com?

Kind regards,
Catalin
ruck64

I have emailed the .aip off along with the link to this forum.
ruck64

I was curious if you had a chance to review this issue
Catalin

Hello Luther,

First of all, please accept my apologies for the delayed reply.

I have now checked the inbox and it seems that somehow your e-mail did not reach me. It was probably somehow filtered by our mailing system.

Could you please try to send it once more?

I apologize for this inconvenience.

Best regards,
Catalin
ruck64

No worries. When I find the time today I will move my attention to creating it with that theme again. I changed it so that I could at least have something working with it in there.
Catalin

Hello Luther,

Thanks for the provided .AIP file.

I have now tested it (I deleted all the files from it, pointed to a random .RTF file from my disk) and everything worked as expected.

When you launched the setup, did you click on the "Licenses terms and conditions" blue button? Please keep in mind that this button displays your EULA in this theme:
Annotation 2019-09-24 151808.png
Annotation 2019-09-24 151808.png (20.78 KiB) Viewed 9873 times
Annotation 2019-09-24 151835.png
Annotation 2019-09-24 151835.png (14.1 KiB) Viewed 9873 times
Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
ruck64

Thank you. However, how did you get it to stop pointing at a random file or folder? I still have not been able to figure that portion out. I give it the path to an .rtf on my computer since it wont allow me to point to a file in the folder. And even it being that it still points to some other random location. And yes I did click on that link which is how I get to the random place.
Catalin

Hello Luther,
However, how did you get it to stop pointing at a random file or folder?
I am not quite sure what you mean by this. Could you please give me some more details (maybe exemplify - e.g. some screenshots).
I give it the path to an .rtf on my computer since it wont allow me to point to a file in the folder.
Yes, upon clicking on the picker button ("..."), you will be prompted to select a file from the disk. This file will further be embedded in your setup.
And even it being that it still points to some other random location.
The same as in the first sentence, I am not sure I understand what you mean here. Do you mean that the path somehow resets when you close your project and then re-open it?
And yes I did click on that link which is how I get to the random place.
Please provide some screenshots so I can better understand this.

Best regards,
Catalin
ruck64

I have now tested it (I deleted all the files from it, pointed to a random .RTF file from my disk) and everything worked as expected
This is the same issue I am having.

As you can see in this first picture by clicking on the blue link labeled
Licenses terms and conditions
That it opens up the folder to this path where I have AI installed to. Similarily if I do it on a computer that does not have caphyon installed it opens up a path to the folder where the MSI is at.
EULAIssue.PNG
EULAIssue.PNG (251.73 KiB) Viewed 9864 times
In this following picture I again have where the path is located. And I show that the file does indeed exist where I states it exists at. However, it it not looking to this section.
EULAIssue2.PNG
EULAIssue2.PNG (131.11 KiB) Viewed 9864 times
I did notice however that when switching to this theme it converts my build to an .exe instead of the MSI. Would this build need to be an .exe in order for it to work. In other words if this build is an MSI it wont function properly with this theme.
Catalin

Hello Luther,
I did notice however that when switching to this theme it converts my build to an .exe instead of the MSI. Would this build need to be an .exe in order for it to work. In other words if this build is an MSI it wont function properly with this theme.
Yes, this theme requires .EXE package type and also the "Enhanced User Interface" option enabled ("Themes" page --> "Settings" tab).

Without these options, the theme will not work as expected. Did you change your package type to MSI in the "Builds" page? If so, then this is the reason why this happens.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
ruck64

Yep this clarifies the issue. I appreciate it. And though its too bad I cant use this option for my process, it's good to know theres not something broken on it. Just my misuse of the product. Thank you.
Catalin

You are always welcome, Luther.

Glad I could help.

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Common Problems”