ruck64

Updating using commands through the APP

I have my service setup to take in arguments as I put them in. So I have passed in

Code: Select all

../updater.exe /justcheck
This gives me a return value of 0
0 - Found updates for the application or the updates match /justcheck filters like -installready or -critical.
From your website

When I then run

../updater.exe /checknow
I get

exit status 3758096423
Which in hex is: E0000027

Which isnt in the small list you have which makes sense. I was wondering what this means and why this is occuring.

It can tell I have an installer there but nothing happens.

I do have a folder of the ".aiu" in updates. Though I am unsure if that is pulled in from the site. And if so how I get it to actually pull down the msi?

I did verify it can pull down the newest .aiu file with the correct new information. But its not actually downloading the MSI or any prompts
ruck64

Re: Updating using commands through the APP

Nevermind I misseed it I found it

ERROR_ALREADY_RUNNING (0xE0000027) - An instance of the Updater is already running.
ruck64

I would have expected that a GUI would have popped up displaying something. I guess I am wrong.

What are the actions I should expect to occur after running this command if silent isnt being ran with it?
The Updater is launched and shows a dialog box, checks for updates and automatically informs the user if any updates are available.
I notice this, but its not what is occuring.
Catalin

Hello Luther,

As the user guide states:
The Updater is launched and shows a dialog box, checks for updates and automatically informs the user if any updates are available.
If no updates are available, then an UI will not be spawned.

With that being said, please make sure that updates are available when you run the updater with that argument.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
ruck64

Thanks and ya using justcheck returns that there are indeed updates waiting. It spawns an task trying to run the msi. However, one is never prompted.
Catalin

Hello Luther,

By using the /justcheck argument, the Updater checks if new updates are available and gets a return code (see the Updater return codes section). This check is silent without UI.

Kind regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”