jes

Failure in running service

Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:26 am

Hi,

I have an issue relating to the services.
please see the scenario below.
I have two applications, running separately. And both of these applications using one common service named X.
Path to executable is set as the path of first installed application's application folder.
and when I uninstall the application, it should automatically changed to others path. And both the application's will work properly on this case.
when i try to uninstall the application through control panel, it working properly through the above scenario.
While when i tried to uninstall the application using setup.exe, the path to executable is not changing and it remains as the path of uninstalled application's, application folder.
Due to that, other application is not working too.

please reply
thanks,
jes

Catalin

Re: Failure in running service

Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:14 am

Hello Jes,

First of all, so I can better understand this scenario:
and when I uninstall the application, it should automatically changed to others path.
How is this achieved? Have you created a custom action that runs on the first product's uninstall that changes the path?
Path to executable is set as the path of first installed application's application folder.
Also, about what executable are we talking about here? Are you referring to the service's executable?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

jes

Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:00 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
At the time of installation, we are registering service for both applications. so first installed applications path is taken by the service.

Path to executable means, path of the service.exe in which service is searching to execute.

thanks,
jes.

Catalin

Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:16 am

Hello Jes,

In order to fully understand your scenario, could you please forward me, by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com, the following:

- a download link for your setups

- the .AIP files used to build the above setups

- a detailed test-case which I can follow in order to replicate this behavior

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”