pok.lau

Installer frozen

Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:32 am

We have a problem with running an installer on a machine being frozen in the status of 'Preparing files for removal'. Dump the verbose log and the last actions for the installer is pasted below.

MSI (s) (50:5C) [10:02:54:511]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=AI_AiRemoveFilesRollback,Description=Restoring removed files,Template=Restoring file: [1])
Action 10:02:54: AI_AiRemoveFilesRollback. Restoring removed files
MSI (s) (50:5C) [10:02:54:513]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=AI_AiRemoveFilesRollback,ActionType=11521,Source=BinaryData,Target=**********,)
MSI (s) (50:5C) [10:02:54:514]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=AI_AiRemoveFilesDeferred_Undoable,Description=Preparing files for removal,Template=Preparing file: [1])
Action 10:02:54: AI_AiRemoveFilesDeferred_Undoable. Preparing files for removal
MSI (s) (50:5C) [10:02:54:515]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=AI_AiRemoveFilesDeferred_Undoable,ActionType=11265,Source=BinaryData,Target=**********,)

Does it related to user's privileges problem?

Catalin

Re: Installer frozen

Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:43 pm

Hello,

From this portion of the log file, it seems that the "AI_AiRemoveFilesDeferred_Undoable" action is the one that is freezing. Indeed, as you have mentioned, this might happen due to the fact that you do not have administrative privileges and the setup tries to remove files from, for instance, the Windows drive (where, by default, you need admin privileges to modify anything).

Have you tried running the setup as administrator? Is this issue still reproducible if you do so?

If it is, then could you please forward me the following:

- the .AIP file used to build the project

- a download link for the setup that reproduces this issue + a small test case which I can follow in order to replicate the issue

- the full verbose log of the process (in this case, I think it's just an uninstall)

by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com so I can further investigate this issue?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”