Chetan

The Custom action UpdateFeaturesInstallStates not executed between CostFinalize and InstallValidate

Hello!

In my Advanvanced Installer project I want to install certain feature depending on the choice made in the UI. To be sure that the Feature state is updated I have added UpdateFeaturesInstallStates custom action. In the Advanced Installer help i read that this action must be executed between CostFinalize and InstallValidate. Bute this does not happen. Is there any way to make sure that the actions are executed in proper sequence?

In the attachment i've added the installer log.

Kind Regards,
Chetan.
Attachments
MSI6F9E.LOG
Installer log
(316.99 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Daniel

Re: The Custom action UpdateFeaturesInstallStates not executed between CostFinalize and InstallValidate

Hi Chetan,

To do so please proceed like this:

1. go to "Custom Actions" page and add a new "Update features' install state" custom action with sequence
2. drag your custom action anywhere between "Install Execution Stage -> Paths Resolution" and "Install Execution Stage -> Preparing" action stages
3. rebuild and test again your scenario

If this is still of no help to you, then please forward us by email your .aip (setup project file) by email at support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate its settings.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Chetan

Re: The Custom action UpdateFeaturesInstallStates not executed between CostFinalize and InstallValidate

Hi Daniel!

This works! Thank you!

Regards,
Chetan.
Catalin

You are always welcome, Chetan.

We are glad you got this working.

Just let us know if you have other questions and we will be glad to assist.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”