sanjays

Powershellscript inline issue

Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:03 am

Hello,

We have configured our .AIP project file with powershellscriptinline from custom action. But we are facing issue as installation time will be increased due to powershell script execution. Please find attached installation package.log file.
Please let us know if any issue in the configuration or settings in powershell script.

Sanjay S
Attachments
package.zip
(447.01KiB)Downloaded 199 times

Catalin

Re: Powershellscript inline issue

Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:09 am

Hello Sanjay,

Indeed, I could notice in the log file that the PowerShell script takes some time to execute.

Unfortunately, I can not say why this happens.

In order for me to have a better view about this, could you please let me know what you are trying to achieve through the PowerShell script?

In addition to this, if possible, could you please forward me a copy of your .AIP file by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com so I can further investigate this?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Catalin

Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:23 am

Also, as a followup to my last thread:

I have tried to reply to the sent e-mail, but unfortunately the message was not sent. The error message was:
The group X isn't set up to receive messages from advancedinstaller.com
In addition to the above:
The Office 365 group, X, is configured to reject messages sent to it from outside its organization -- unless the sender is a guest group member.
Best regards,
Catalin

Catalin

Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:22 pm

Hello Sanjay,

Thank you for the provided files.

I've had a look over the sent project & log file and I could indeed notice that the script is taking a lot of time to execute.

Unfortunately, I can not say why this happens.

Have you tried manually testing the script (for instance, run the script from the scripting environment - PowerShell ISE)? If so, how much time does it need to execute?

Also, is this reproducible on multiple machines, or is it specific to one (few) machine(s) only?

In order for me to further investigate this, could you please forward me a download link for the built setup that reproduces this behavior?

Also: I can not reply to your e-mail ticket. It's always stating that your group isn't set to receive messages from us (basically from outside the organization). Is there something that you can do on your end to allow us to send e-mails to you? Otherwise I will have to post on forum every time and I guess it's easier for your to check the e-mail rather than the forum.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Common Problems”