MSynco

Too many password requests

When I go to sign my files on build I am asked for my authentication password too many times. I had previously used this on 16.6 and used SafeNet Authentication Tool and followed steps given in a previous question about this on the forums but to no avail, even though I enable single sign on it still prompts me several times when attempting to build the installer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Catalin

Re: Too many password requests

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any way in which that can be avoided.

I think that, in this scenario, it would be better if you could ask your certificate vendor if there is any way in which multiple password prompts can be avoided for several signing operations that are all triggered from the same process.

Hope this helps somehow.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
burnersk

Maybe, I misunderstood this situation.

But is this problem report related to my feature request: Allow signing with CSP PIN-caches
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44601
Catalin

Hello,

You are indeed right.

Somehow, I did not make the connection between this and your request. I apologize for that and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I have added this request in our improvement tracking system and I have also increased the task's priority. Hopefully, this will be added in a future version of Advanced Installer.

I will update this thread as soon as this improvement will be added.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”