Patrick8639

.NET Core 3.1 prerequisites

Hello,
I have an application that contains a self-hosted ASP.NET Core 3.1 web application.

In the ASP.NET download page (https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-core/3.1), there are 3 possibilities for the .NET Core Installer:
- ASP.NET Core Runtime.
- Desktop Runtime.
- .NET Core Runtime.

In Advanced installer, I have the following choices in the prerequisite window (for 3.1):
- .NET Core Desktop Runtime
- .NET Core IIS Hosting
- .NET Core Runtime.

I cannot find the ASP.NET Core Runtime without IIS: is it what you mean by ".NET Core IIS Hosting". If this is the case, please rename it so that the naming is the same as Microsoft one; otherwise, please add "ASP.NET Core Runtime" to the prerequisite window.
Catalin

Re: .NET Core 3.1 prerequisites

Hello Patrick,

First of all, please accept my apologies for the delayed reply, but we were quite busy lately.

Indeed, you are right, we have not added ASP.NET Core 3.1 as a predefined prerequisite.

Although we had it on our TODO list, it seems we somehow overlooked it. Please accept my apologies for that.

I have forwarded this to our develpment team and this will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Patrick8639

Hi Catalin,
No news about it, or a date when it will be available.
I need to make an installer for an application with a local web server, no I need this functionnality to make it install correctly.
Best regards
Catalin

Hello Patrick,

We've already added this prerequisite for our next release, Advanced Installer 17.0.

Unfortunately, I can not give you an exact estimation, but the release is scheduled within the next few working days.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”