TheRocket

Build Error with Feature Condition

Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:43 pm

Hello!

I'm working with advanced installer to build a setup that must install Feature A or B depending of another software found on the computer, using global properties. Advanced Installer 16.9 build d24925f7 is the latest version I could reproduce the issue in.

When adding the condition to a feature, the build process fails. When removing the condition on the feature, the build completes succesfully.
The issue was reproduced in version 16.8.1 too, and reproduces in 16.9 also with my project.

My property is a persistent property and is set from another search property at runtime. I can provide an AIP project for review.

Thanks!

Catalin

Re: Build Error with Feature Condition

Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:47 pm

Hello,

I am not quite sure I fully understand your scenario here.

Could you please provide some more details so I can better understand this? From what I understood so far (please correct me if I'm wrong), you are saying that building your project fails when adding a condition for your feature (e.g. "Organization" page --> your feature --> "Installation behavior" section)?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

TheRocket

Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:55 pm

Hi Catalin,

I wasn't able to reproduce it further, and worked around:

The project was created in 16.8.1 and I had the project setup as mixed 32/64 package, and also condition the files in 2 features, based on a search property result. I think that created a condition conflict somewhere between the feature selection, and the folder conditions and the x64/x32 bit conditions.

Eventually I reverted to a 32 bit package only (as we don't are depended of Windows bitness but rather the other software bitness), so a 32/64 mixed package wasn't the correct option for my project.

And rather than conditioning the features, I merged them into the same feature and conditioned the folders instead based on the property search result, which seems to have solved all my issues so far.

Hope this can help is someone else is getting the same build issue that I had!

Catalin

Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:01 am

Hello,

Thank you for your followup on this and for sharing your solution with us. I am sure this will come in handy for further users facing a similar scenario.

I am really glad everything works as expected now.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”