bottonTurn

multi-language Exe not select the best option based on machine configuraiton

Hi all, I am creating a multi-language exe and select spanish, i found if the machine have a regions setting like es-UY then advance installer show the setup in English and not in "es"

How can I force to select "es" ? since the structure is es-XX if XX not exist then must select "es" language.

Thanks, diego
Catalin

Re: multi-language Exe not select the best option based on machine configuraiton

Hello Diego,

Could you please forward me a screenshot of how you have configured your package in the "Translations" page --> "Languages" tab?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
bottonTurn

Re: multi-language Exe not select the best option based on machine configuraiton

Sure, here you have the screenshot.
languages config.PNG
languages config.PNG (33.13 KiB) Viewed 4804 times
Catalin

Hello,

When using the "Automatically use current user language for installation" option, the language returned by the "GetUserDefaultLangID()" function is preferred by the installer.

This function returns the language identifier for the current user as set under Control Panel --> Clock and Region --> Change date, time, or number formats --> Formats tab --> Format dropdown.

With that being said, please make sure that the language under the "Format" dropdown is set to Spanish.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
bottonTurn

Thank for help, I see, but why if i configure the format on clock setting to use es-uy then installer not select the default language(en), I expect if no es-uy translation go to "es" since language setting are a structure.
Catalin

Hello,

I have tested this and indeed, you are right, it seems that if the "Format" field is set to "Spanish (Uruguay)", the setup will be launched in English.

I have added an improvement on our TODO list in what regards this matter. Once this will be implemented, I will update this thread.

Until then, I am afraid that the only workaround for this would be to use the "Display language selection dialog (for multi-language packages)" option and let your users decide what the installation language should be.

Hope this helps somehow.

Best regards,
Catalin
bottonTurn

Great, thank you for your help! do you know when this will be fix and release? or how to monitor this issue?
Catalin

You are always welcome!

Unfortunately, I can not give you an estimation as to when this will be ready.

However, I will update this thread as soon as this improvement will be added to Advanced Installer.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin

Hello,

Unfortunately, this enhancement has not yet been implemented in Advanced installer.

I have now increased its priority and hopefully this will be implemented in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Common Problems”