prerak6962

ConfigureDlg empty in maintenance mode

Hello,

In one of my installer, I have "ConfigureDlg" displaying the features available for installation.
I have different dialogs for different features, so I followed the steps described over here: https://www.advancedinstaller.com/user- ... tures.html to manage the UI flow. This works completely fine for first install.

Now, in maintenance mode, be default "CustomizeDlg" is displayed for the "Modify" action. However, upon selecting one of the feature that is not installed, the dialog corresponding to it is not displayed. This makes sense as the UI flow is not configured in "CustomizeDlg".
So, in order to avoid duplicate work, I replaced the "CustomizeDlg" with "ConfigureDlg" in published events of modify button.
But unfortunately, when I run the installer, the "ConfigureDlg" is empty. No feature tree.

As per my understanding, there must be some actions happening behind the scenes in "CustomizeDlg" in maintenance mode and hence my "ConfigureDlg" is empty.

So, is there a way to display the feature based dialogs in maintenance mode without repeating the work done for first intstall?
If no, is there any other way to achieve this that I might be missing? Or the only option is to copy the actions for maintenance mode as well?

Thank you.
Prerak
Eusebiu

Re: ConfigureDlg empty in maintenance mode

Hi Prerak,

The "ConfigureDlg" dialog is, most likely, displayed empty during the maintenance because the "Enhanced User Interface" feature is enabled only for the install stage in the "Themes" page, "Settings" tab, but this dialog always requires this feature. Can you set the "Enhanced User Interface" feature to "Always" and see if it helps?

Also, for the other dialogs to be conditionally displayed during the maintenance mode, you need to remove the "AI_INSTALL" property from their condition.

Let me know if this helped.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
prerak6962

Hi Eusebiu,

Thanks a lot for the information.
It certainly helped to resolve my issue.

Prerak
Eusebiu

You're welcome Prerak. I'm glad you got this solved.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”