jes

Error in custom action while running in Windows 10 machine

Hi,

I have a run time issue while executing my VBScript. I explained the scenario below.

I have an application that runs properly on all machines. In which I have a number of custom actions and everything. But, when I run the application in Windows 10 machine it shows the following error in the log file.

Action start 21:26:35: CopyLicFileToDocFolder.
Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run.
Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action CopyLicFileToDocFolder script error -2146828218,
Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Permission denied Line 12, Column 2,
MSI (s) (BC:A8) [21:26:39:767]: Product: Sotax APW -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.
A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
Custom action CopyLicFileToDocFolder script error -2146828218, Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Permission denied Line 12, Column 2,

Action ended 21:26:39: CopyLicFileToDocFolder. Return value 3.

CopyLicFileToDocFolder is my execute inline script code(written in vbscript) custom action.

Please see the issue and reply to me as soon as possible.

Thanks,
jes.
Catalin

Re: Error in custom action while running in Windows 10 machine

Hello Jes,

From what I can see in the provided log file portion, this seems to be a permission issue:
Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Permission denied Line 12, Column 2
Your VBScript probably tries to bring modifications to a folder to which you do not have permissions.

Please make sure you have enough permissions to the folder the VBScript tries to access.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”