alphonseg

Visual Studio Extension Build Error

I've installed the trial version 17.0 of AI Professional and imported a Visual Studio WinForms app project.
I made my desired changes to the setup project and it builds in AI GUI.
I then installed the AI VS Extension, added a new AI project to my solution, deleted the default AI .aip file and added the one from the already created AI setup project.
The AI project opened ok in VS, but when I tried to build it, there was an error 'Resources referred by the project are missing'. The list includes some files pointing to incorrect paths.
The 'Files and Folders' page in the AI GUI shows the correct paths. However, the VS Extension GUI 'Files and Folders' page shows the files as missing.
I'm sending the error and .aip via separate email.
How to correct this?
Daniel

Re: Visual Studio Extension Build Error

Hi Alphonse,

Most likely this is because the files were added when using our desktop app GUI. In this case the files referenced by the setup project are saved with relative paths to the current location of the setup project. Therefore when including the .AIP setup project into your VS solution, the relative paths become invalid.

To avoid this issue I recommend you to delete within AI desktop GUI all the files you added in "Files and Folders" page of your setup project, and then within VS extension use the [Add Project Output] button to automatically sync your app files into your setup project too.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
alphonseg

Yes, that does it, thanks.
Daniel

You are always welcome.

All the best,
Daniel