richardzarr

Advanced Installer Requires Admin Privileges to Sign

Tue May 26, 2020 5:46 pm

We just migrated our development tools to a new Windows 10 machine... created a new CSR, re-keyed our certificate and installed it... however, AI now requires us to run it with Administrator privileges... on our previous (Windows 7) machine, it did not... both are version 17. It works and signs all the files, but did we do something incorrectly or did we miss a step? I don't remember running AI with administrator privileges in the past... it just simply worked. Anyone have any ideas?

Catalin

Re: Advanced Installer Requires Admin Privileges to Sign

Fri May 29, 2020 2:33 pm

Hello Richard,

To be fully honest with you, this is quite strange.

Normally, Advanced Installer should not ask for elevation in order to sign the resources from your project.

From what I know, the only scenario where Advanced Installer would require elevation is when it has to display certificates that were installed in the "Local-Machine".

Other than that, I am not aware of any scenario.

I have also tried to test this and everything worked as expected.

In order to have a better view about this, could you please take a screenshot of this scenario and forward it to me?

For instance, when does this occur? Does this occur when you are trying to build your project (e.g. Advanced Installer prompts you to run it as administrator)?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”