jmoleary

AI-provided prerequisite differs from Microsoft Version

My installer (which uses Advanced Installer 17.2) has the pre-requisite of "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015-2019 x64". I have it checked in the box and when AI asks me if I want to download and cache the latest version I click "Yes". But I've noticed that the version that AI downloads is not even close to the version on Microsoft's website

When I look at the version that AI currently downloads it is version 14.24.28127.4

When I go to Microsoft's website (at the link below) I get version 14.26.28720.3

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -downloads

Why are the two versions so different? When I click that little check box in AI, where does the cached binary come from? Does it not come from Microsoft? Is it OK to just replace the binary that AI cached with the latest from Microsoft?
Eusebiu

Re: AI-provided prerequisite differs from Microsoft Version

Hi,

Indeed, it seems that we use a link to an older version of this redistributable. I added this on our TODO list and it will be updated in the next version of Advanced Installer. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

Yes, you can just replace that file with the new version and also change the minimum version value of the condition present in the "Install Conditions" tab to the correct version (see the image below).

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Attachments
Install Condition.png
Install Condition.png (37.47 KiB) Viewed 2817 times
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”