aaguirre

Adding neutral language

Hi guys, I am running into a GPO issue that is selecting an incorrect default language (chinese) and then the installation fails, i found an answer in this forum:

viewtopic.php?t=29094

but I have two questions about it:
1 - the method doesnt look clean, do you already added a way to support neutral language (that post is from 2014)? or I have to use the same workaround suggested on the link?
2 - the guy in the post after adding the neutral language says "This MSI installs perfectly on every platform.But in that case MSI "forgets" it's digital signature."
does that mean that the new msi will have some trouble with the digital signature? i need to add the neutral language and could it affect the msi signature in any way that could make the installer fail?

Thanks in advance, hope someone can help me with this is really important.
bottonTurn

Re: Adding neutral language

Can someone from AI answer this? we are in the same situation and i would like to know if we have a better solution rather than a hack.

Thanks you!
Daniel

Hi,

We apologize for the delayed reply on this.

I am afraid this improvement was not added so far in Advanced Installer. The solution for you is to still use the workaround exposed on the related forum thread.

In regards to the digital signature of the built setup package please note this won't be affected. There should be no issue with the digital signature. In the related thread the customer's digital signature was broken because he manually edited the setup with Orca tool. As long as you build the setup package using Advanced Installer tool there should be no issue with the digital signature.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
aaguirre

thanks for your help Daniel, I will try the workaround then.

one last question, any plans on adding it to advanced installer or is not a priority?
Daniel

You are always welcome.

I am afraid that currently our dev team have a high workload and there is a low priority for this improvement. Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”