akshay karambale

Silent Installation of dot net framework

Hi,
We have created one bootstrapper EXE, in that we have added Dot NET Framework as a pre-requisite in pre-install. Whenever we are going to execute that bootstrapper on machine which required this pre-requisite, it starts installing Dot NET Framework which is fine, but our requirememnt is it should install silently without asking any user permission like license agreement dialog and all. we have used the command (/quite/norestart) but it is not working. Can you please resolve how to achieve this requirement?

Thanks and Regards
Akshay
akshay karambale

Re: Silent Installation of dot net framework

Hi,
We have some more observation,
We are using the "/qn/norestart" command under Install Command Line section. It is not asking any user permission or not showing any license term dialog also, but it shows the progress bar. Our requirement is we dont want to show any progress bar to user it should silently installs that Dot net framework pre-requisite. How to achieve this requirement?
we are waiting for your reply.

Thanks and Regards
Akshay
Attachments
PreReqCommand.JPG
PreReqCommand.JPG (20.51 KiB) Viewed 2632 times
Catalin

Re: Silent Installation of dot net framework

Hello Akshay,

Please note that this is not related to Advanced Installer.

Most likely, this is how the setup for the .NET Framework is designed.

From what I can see in the "Deploying .NET Framework" article, in order to install it silently, the "/q" parameter should be passed. I am not sure if this will make any difference at all (honestly, I doubt it will), but you could try replacing the "/qn" with the "/q" parameter.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”