hve

Re: Import Visual Studio Project Exception calling

Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:09 pm

Hi Catalin,
Sorry, but I'm confused now.
I uninstalled .Net Core SDK 3.1.414 to be able to install .Net Core SDK 3.1.401 (as recommended).
Should I reinstall .Net Core SDK 3.1.414?

Catalin

Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:52 pm

Hello Henrik,

Yes, you should reinstall the latest version, which is 3.1.414 - this of course if your project targets .NET 3.1.

Please note that the step where I have asked you to install the older version can be ignored now, as at that time I was not aware that you were facing a different problem from the previous users.

After the installation, please check whether "Microsoft.NET.Sdk.WindowsDesktop" was installed or not and then retry the import.

Here, the problem might also be related to the bitness of the SDK, so I would advise installing the 32-bit version as well if it doesn't work just by installing the 64-bit one.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

hve

Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:38 pm

I've reinstalled 3.1.414:
MS .net Core 3.1.414 installed.PNG
MS .net Core 3.1.414 installed.PNG (25.24KiB)Viewed 7505 times
However, as you see, only .NET Core Windows Desktop Runtime 3.1.20 (not the SDK) was installed.
So I still get the error trying to import the project.

Catalin

Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:53 pm

Hello Henrik,

I believe the Microsoft.NET.Sdk.WindowsDesktop might be included in .NET Core Windows Desktop Runtime 3.1.20.

For instance, if you open Explorer, are you able to find a folder like in the following screenshot?

WindowsDesktopSDK.png
WindowsDesktopSDK.png (38.42KiB)Viewed 7372 times

If the answer is yes, and you are still encountering the issue, perhaps it has something to do with the bitness - you might need to install the x86 version as well (in case you installed the x64 one first) or vice-versa.

If this is of no help, please send us your VS solution (SLN file) and all of the project files it includes (only the project definition files without the source code files) so we can test and investigate this on our end?

You can send the above by email at support at advancedinstaller dot com.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”