nchounlapane

Conditioning prerequisites during silent install

Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:16 pm

Is there a way to condition the installation of prerequisites during a silent install? For example, if I have prerequisite A as optional installation during a full install, how would I be able to optionally install it based on certain conditions during a silent installation? I know that there is install command lines you can set for full/basic/silent install, but unsure how to set whether to install a prerequisite or not during a silent install.

Eusebiu

Re: Conditioning prerequisites during silent install

Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:10 am

Hi,

This can be achieved only if for the "feature-based" and "post-install" prerequisites. For this, you need to select the prerequisite's related feature from the "Organization" page, set a property as a condition for it in the "Not installed if" field (e.g. PREREQ1="False"), then set that property from the command line during a silent installation as in the example below:

Code: Select all

mySetup.exe /exenoui /qn PREREQ1="False"
Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

nchounlapane

Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:11 pm

Eusebiu,

Thank you for the solution. So all pre-install prerequisites will be installed during a silent installation? There is no way to condition any of them to be optionally installed?

Nick

Daniel

Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:13 am

Hi Nick,

Yes, this is true. The only solution is to add those prerequisites as feature-based or post install.

If there is anything else we can help you with just let us know.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”