Marco28

Advanced Installer build task in Azure DevOps fails with output folder specified

Since yesterday all our Advanced Installer Build tasks are failing when the Output Package folder is defined.
It fails with the statement that the Output folder cannot be found.

When we do not define the output folder it is working fine.
Looking at the error message it seems that the Output path is only taking the relative path and not the absolute one.

I have attached a screenshot of the error.
Attachments
AI error.png
AI error.png (14.32 KiB) Viewed 8837 times
Daniel

Re: Advanced Installer build task in Azure DevOps fails with output folder specified

Hi,

Could you please make sure the related folder path does exist and is valid?

Maybe you can try to use it into a predefined build task like "Download pipeline artifact" or "Copy files"?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Marco28

Re: Advanced Installer build task in Azure DevOps fails with output folder specified

I am 100% sure that the path is correct. This was working before, but started failing after the update of the task to 2.04.
I saw in GitHub that the change is related to the Output Path. It changes the type of the field from filepath to string and so it will take the literal value of the field instead of translating it to a path.

This means that relative paths can no longer be used.
Daniel

Hi,

I have further debated this with my dev team and, indeed it seems that starting with our last version (2.0.4) of Advanced Installer build task there are no longer supported relative paths in the "Output Package Folder" field. So therefore you will have to make sure you specify a full path in this field.

We apologize if this caused any inconveniences for you. Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel

Hi,

Just an update on this.

We have just released a new version of Advanced Installer Build task (v2.0.5) and starting with this version relative paths are supported again in the "Output Package Folder" field. So rebuilding this task with your original configuration should work again.

Hope this helped.

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Common Problems”