Ghostbob

MSIX appinstaller file name

Why using your tutorial located here: https://www.advancedinstaller.com/user- ... aller.html
in appinstaller url you add in the end -> Sample.appinstaller filename

If I do so in my project i will get the resulting url as .../Sample.appinstaller/Sample.appinstaller - your software silently adds Sample.appinstaller to the end anyway - if url ends as folder or as file... no difference.

Another problem:
Is it possible to have appinstaller file to be named always as Sample.appinstaller even if in Configuration tab Output Name is: Sample_[|ProductVersion].msixbundle
Catalin

Re: MSIX appinstaller file name

Hello,

I have tested this scenario, but unfortunately I was not able to reproduce the described behavior.

appinstaller.png
appinstaller.png (144.37 KiB) Viewed 1148 times

As you can see in the above screenshot, only the name of the MSIX package is added at the end.

Could you please let me know with which version you are testing this?
Is it possible to have appinstaller file to be named always as Sample.appinstaller even if in Configuration tab Output Name is: Sample_[|ProductVersion].msixbundle
From what I can see, the name of the AppInstaller is automatically generated based on the output name you specify in the "Configuration" tab, so I'm afraid this might not be possible.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”