timmangan

license activation - proxy server

I have created an installer using AdvancedInstaller and am using the licensing feature, allowing for a trial license period followed by activation using a licensing key. This solution works well for many customers, but some have not been able to activate the license key. Generally, they tell me that they are blocked from internet access due to the type of organization, but I think that I've now determined that the issue is the Proxy Server.

I found this post from 10 years ago, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10895&p=40973&hilit ... oxy#p40973 that seems to indicate the the Trial library handles proxy servers but not those with passwords. Has this changed? I would prefer that the registration process determine and use the system's default browser proxy settings. Otherwise, DisplayRegistration needs to be modified to allow the customer to enter the information there.

As far as I can tell, there are no other choices that I can make in my part of the code to resolve this.
Daniel

Re: license activation - proxy server

Hi Tim,

Sorry for the delayed reply on this.

I have checked on this with our dev team and, unfortunately our trial.dll still does not have support for proxy server with password. I have forwarded your feature suggestion to our dev team and hopefully they will consider this improvement in the future. When so, we will update this forums thread.

Until then, the only workaround solution for your customer will be to send you by email its license details and then you can open your setup project in Advanced Installer and manually generate the license file from "Licensing -> Registration" tab of your project. Then you can send him back the license file over email.

Hope this helped.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”