fjsen

Web Site Browse

Hi,

I'm following your video tutorial about web site browse action, but I cannot get the selected web site URL attribute. I've attached a very basic project where you can see the problem. There I put the property in an static text in the folder dialog. I have also an script type custom action to show the property and I get the same result (an empty string).

Could you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Jose
Attachments
Your Application.aip
(21.43 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
fjsen

Re: Web Site Browse

Hi,

I've seen that it works on a Windows Server system (tested on Windows Server 2016), but it fails when there are more than one binding for the site.

It fails also on my Windows 10 pro. Here I always get an empty string for the URL.

BR
Catalin

Re: Web Site Browse

Hello Jose,

Thank you for the provided project.

I have tested it and everything worked as expected on my end (a clean Windows 10 machine).

Here are the test websites I've got in IIS Manager:
IIS.png
IIS.png (259 KiB) Viewed 1589 times

When the setup was launched, you can see that all 3 websites were inserted into the ComboBox control (even though for my test website I have more than one binding):
BrowseIIS.png
BrowseIIS.png (47.93 KiB) Viewed 1589 times
I have then selected the test website having the port no. 80, and its' URL was correctly inserted into the Static Text control:
SiteWIthPort80.png
SiteWIthPort80.png (41.72 KiB) Viewed 1589 times
StaticTextURL.png
StaticTextURL.png (51.48 KiB) Viewed 1589 times
In order for me to further investigate this, could you please forward me:

- a screenshot of your websites in IIS Manager

- an installation log of this test setup (created with the project you have attached)

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”