asfarley

UI Automation for VM testing is repeatedly clicking 'Cancel'

I'm trying to set up some testing automation; I checked the "Automate UI Install" box under Run in VM, and ran the installer in a VMWare Workstation Pro VM running Windows 10.

The UI automation was running quite smoothly at first, but I noticed two issues:

1) The automation began clicking 'cancel' during some slightly slower install progress bars, and then canceling the cancel, so the operation eventually completed but it looked kind of odd; is the UI automation supposed to do this? Is there any way to tune or disable this behavior?

2) One dialog seems to have appeared behind the main installer, and the UI automation never brought it to the foreground and interacted with it, so I had to intervene. Is there any way to influence this? The installer was for Microsoft Access 2007.
Catalin

Re: UI Automation for VM testing is repeatedly clicking 'Cancel'

Hello,

First of all, please accept my apologies for the delayed reply.

I have run some few tests and I was indeed able to partially replicate the described issues.

After discussing this with the developer in charge, it looks like this feature may not be optimized for the prerequisites scenario.

I have forwarded your scenario to our development team for further investigation. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Catalin

Re: UI Automation for VM testing is repeatedly clicking 'Cancel'

Hello,

After further discussing this with our development team, it looks like the automation support is meant for a single package, not for a chain of packages (prerequisites).

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”