adi2007jain

Not able to use "Per-machine if the user is an administrator, per-user otherwise" install type

Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:10 am

I am currently using a trial version of advanced installer. I've created a professional installer project. From the list of available install type options:
install_type.PNG
install_type.PNG (48.67KiB)Viewed 18009 times
I have selected the last option:
selected option.PNG
selected option.PNG (21.51KiB)Viewed 18009 times
In the documentation, it says that we need to select InstallTypeDlg in order for this option to work. https://www.advancedinstaller.com/user- ... eters.html
However, this dialog is not present in dialogs page.
dialog list.PNG
dialog list.PNG (13.66KiB)Viewed 18009 times
When I install the msi created using the above parameters with my non-admin account, it asks for admin credentials. Can someone please help me out with this?

Dan

Re: Not able to use "Per-machine if the user is an administrator, per-user otherwise" install type

Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:27 pm

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Please note that you need to add the InstallTypeDlg dialog from our predefined list of dialogs:

AddDialog.PNG
AddDialog.PNG (52.21KiB)Viewed 18007 times

Please let me know if you need any help.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

adi2007jain

Re: Not able to use "Per-machine if the user is an administrator, per-user otherwise" install type

Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:46 pm

InstallTypeDlg is not present in my list of pre-defined dialogs as shown in the screenshot posted by me above.

Dan

Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:43 pm

Hello,

Indeed, this dialog is not automatically added. You need to add it from the predefined list of dialogs. Use the Add Dialog option as you can see in my printscreen.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team

Catalin

Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:54 pm

You are always welcome!

We are glad you got this working.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”