mcseforsale

AI_STARTMENU_SH=0 does not prevent a startmenu shortcut

We have an installer that is not allowing AI_STARTMENU_SH=0 to prevent the placement of a shortcut on the startmenu. We have tried this several times and in many ways. I can send an email with our project, installer and log files.

Thanks,
Andrew Gallant
Catalin

Re: AI_STARTMENU_SH=0 does not prevent a startmenu shortcut

Hello Andrew,

Unfortunately, the log file you have sent over by e-mail is not readable (it displays strange characters).

Additionally, the archive containing the installer file and its' project was also not sent.

If possible, could you please upload those (e.g. on GDrive, DropBox, etc.) and send me a download link so I can further test this?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mcseforsale

The file sent was not a txt file. It is a 7z archive that you will have to rename. Our email filter precludes us from sending those types of files, so I simply renamed the file with the .txt extension. If you rename the file with a .7z extension, you can unzip it to find our AIP and installer files.

Thanks!

Catalin wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:33 pm Hello Andrew,

Unfortunately, the log file you have sent over by e-mail is not readable (it displays strange characters).

Additionally, the archive containing the installer file and its' project was also not sent.

If possible, could you please upload those (e.g. on GDrive, DropBox, etc.) and send me a download link so I can further test this?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin

Hello Andrew,

I see.

I thought about that as well, but when I changed the extension and tried to unzip the archive, I encountered an error, therefore I thought it was just the log file.

I have tried once again to change the extension and unzip it, but unfortunately the result was the same:
error.png
error.png (31.06 KiB) Viewed 5500 times
(I have tried with the .7z extension as well, same result)

If I try to simply open the archive by double clicking on it, I get the following error:
The Compressed (zipped) Folder: yourFolder.zip is invalid
Is it possible for you to upload the archive somewhere and send me a download link for it via email?

Best regards,
Catalin
mcseforsale

I have sent an email to your support email link with a box address.
Catalin

Hello Andrew,

Could you please double check the e-mail addres you have sent this to?

It looks like the e-mail was not sent (or at least I did not receive it).

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Common Problems”