Stig

VSTO installer - Project import hangs

Hi,

I have just stared using Advanced Installer to distribute a VSTO project via InTune as a MSI package.
I have tried following this video: https://www.advancedinstaller.com/offic ... yment.html

When i reach the part where i select the .sln file it just hangs in the import window.
Title is "Importing", text is: "The application ran into a problem that it couldn' t handle. Sorry for the inconvenience.".
The window never goes away and its just frozen at about 5-10%.

Is there somewhere i can find a log file that says what the problem is?

I have tried starting a new Excel Add In project, importing it into Advanced Installer and it works fine.
So the problem is most likely in my project. But i have no idea on how to find out what the problem is.
My solution builds fine in Visual Studio and the add in works in Excel. So no obvious problems.
I have also tried importing a WPF project into advanced installer using "Visual Studio Application template" and the same error occurs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards Stig
Catalin

Re: VSTO installer - Project import hangs

Hello Stig and welcome to our forums,

Unfortunately, I can not really say why this happens.

Can you please send us your VS solution (SLN file) for the and all of the project files it includes (only the project definition files without the source code files) so we can test and investigate this on our end?

Additionally, could you please also send us the solution for the Excel project where the import is working just fine?

You can send these resources by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”