tpatke

Delay on "Publishing Product Information"

Hi,

The "Publishing Product Information" stage of the installation process takes a long time on computers with a blocked internet connection (firewall, etc...). The installation does complete successfully, but it looks like the installer is waiting for a connection timeout. My installation steps should not require an internet connection.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

I have seen...
viewtopic.php?t=18379

...but that thread is very old. Also, my problem is not actually a 'hang', just long delay.

Thanks in advance,

Toby
Catalin

Re: Delay on "Publishing Product Information"

Hello Toby,

If I'm not mistaken, the "Publishing Product Information" message is related to the "PublishProduct" standard action.

As you may already know, standard actions are proprietary to Windows Installer and they are executed pretty much in every installer package.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any way in which you can delay this action (not quite sure if this is even possible).

Are you encountering this in the same scenario as in the thread you have linked above (with chained prerequisites)?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
tpatke

Hi Catalin,

Thanks for your reply - I was afraid that might be the case.

To my knowledge, I am not 'chaining prerequisites'. My installer is a very simple .Net install with some GAC registration. As I say, my best guess is that the poor performance is related to network availability.

Thanks again,

Toby
Catalin

You are always welcome, Toby!

And I am sorry we were not quite able to find a resolution for your request.

Please let me know if there is anything else I could help you with and I will gladly assist.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”