lugerovac

Silent Install fails while creating Schedule Tasks

Hello,

We are encountering a problem when doing a silent install or silent update of our products. The error we get from the log is as follows:
"Product: SD Web -- Error 4106. An error was encountered while creating a scheduled task: '_eciSdWebTask.job'. Error description: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done."

While searching around, I discovered that this problem usually occurs when one uses Automatic Updates - which is an option that we have not enabled. _eciSdWebTask in the log is the name of the Scheduled Task that we are creating during installation.
More information that might be useful:
- the installer is .exe
- user, domain, and password under which the Scheduled Task should run can be set in dialogs during installation, but we have also set default values (domain itself is actually edited by a Powershell Custom Action at the very start of Installation to set the Domain to the one of the user logged-in user)
- everything works fine during manual (non-silent) installation.

We'd appreciate more details on what might cause this error, and how we can fix it.
lugerovac

Re: Silent Install fails while creating Schedule Tasks

If needed, I can PM you the installation log.
Catalin

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Unfortunately, I can not say why this is happening.

In order for me to further investigate this, could you please forward me the following resources:

- a copy of your .AIP file

- a download link for the setup

- OPT: the log file

by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Catalin

Hello,

Thank you for the provided files.

This might happen because, during a silent installation, the "Wizard Dialogs Stage" is completely skipped (no dialogs are displayed).

Your custom action that sets the SERVICEUSERDOMAIN property is scheduled under the "Wizard Dialogs Stage", therefore it is skipped.

To fix this, you can share your custom action between the two stages.

To do so, you can SHIFT + drag and drop the custom action or select the custom action and click on the "Sequence Share" button from the ribbon.

Additionally, you can select the custom action from under "Install Execution Stage" --> on the right side --> under "Execution Stage Condition" --> click on the "Advanced execution scenarios..." hyperlink --> select the "Skip action in Install Execution Stage if executed in Dialogs Stage" option. This way, the custom action will only be executed during a silent installation.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”