jmoleary

AI Build works locally but not on Azure

For a long time I have been building my AI application both on my local machine and on Azure Pipelines (using the Azure Advanced Installer Task) with no problems. After recent changes (which I will detail below), last night's build on Azure failed with the following error.
Failed to execute Advanced Installer task. Error: Build Checking builds status Resources referred by the project are missing: C:\ProgramData\Caphyon\Advanced Installer\Repository\dictionaries\ui_en.ail C:\ProgramData\Caphyon\Advanced Installer\Repository\dictionaries\ui_fr.ail Build finished because an error was encountered.
The files mentioned in this error message (ui_en.ail and ui_fr.ail) do exist on my local machine. But I did not create them. Those are AI-created files. Apparently they are not being put on to the Azure machine when it builds in the pipeline using the Advanced Installer Azure task.

This problem did not start happening until I made the following changes to my installer:
  • I changed the UI theme from "Classic" "Surface >> White Surface" because the new theme had that a license-agreement checkbox and I wanted to show a EULA for my first time install.
  • I added in two versions of the license agreement: An English and a French version (eula.rtf and eula.fr.rtf) because I build both versions of the installer. These files are in my project directory and live in source control
When I build this with AI on my local machine, it works fine. It's just Azure Pipelines missing those ".ail" files. So why are those two ".ail" files not being put on to the Azure server by the AI pipeline task? Am I supposed to put them in source control and manually copy them into c:\programdata\caphyon\advanced installer\repository during my Azure pipeline build?

Edited to add: I took at look at the contents of those two .ail files and it looks like AI must have created them when I specified the paths for my EULA to be in my local project folder. Still not sure what is the correct fix for me to make:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<DICTIONARY type="singlelanguage" lang="en" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="dictionary.xsd">
  <STRING id="Control.Text.LicenseAgreementDlg#AgreementText" value="eula.rtf"/>
</DICTIONARY>
Catalin

Re: AI Build works locally but not on Azure

Hello,

First of all, please accept my apologies for the delayed reply.

Those dicitonaries were most likely added when you have done the localization of your EULA files.

A solution to this could be adding the repository folder to your Azure DevOps pipeline.

I will discuss this with our development team to see if we can improve this in a future version.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”