I have a problem with configuring a simple "Launch installed file" Custom Action for an MSIX package. Note that when I build an MSI package, it works well, the problem is only with an MSIX package.
It is very easy to reproduce my problem with the current version of Advanced Installer:
- Create a new project using the "MSIX Package" template.
- Configure signing using the built-in sign tool and created TestCert (which I installed in accord with the instruction).
- Add to the project any EXE file (I used procexp64.exe from the Sysinternals Suite).
- Launch the "New Custom Action Wizard", select "Run an EXE file", then "A file installed by this package (installed custom action)", then select your EXE file.
- Build your project by the corresponding toolbar button, then run the installer using the "Run" toolbar button. Press "Install" in the installation dialog.
Is "Launch installed file" Custom Action not supported by an MSIX package? How can I configure an MSIX package to run a file after finishing the installation?