christophS

Java Product - Gen:Variant.Bulz.401237 - Malware

Thu May 06, 2021 2:02 pm

Hello,

when downloading the Java Example from https://www.advancedinstaller.com/user- ... -java.html and changing Platform from 32-bit to 64-bit for the Java Product, several malware scans list the program as malware.

https://virusscan.jotti.org/de-DE/files ... 9g9z3exgm8

When changing the platform back to 32-bit and retesting the executable no malware is detected.

Can you please let me know, what can be done to build a 64-bit executable without causing malware detection?

Did something change in the Native Launcher in Advanced Installer Version 18.x?

I tested the same scenario with Advanced Installer 17.2, and there this issue does not occur.

Thanks & Best Regards

Catalin

Re: Java Product - Gen:Variant.Bulz.401237 - Malware

Thu May 13, 2021 4:16 pm

Hello Chris and welcome to our forums,

I have done some tests on my end and I was indeed able to replicate the behavior you have described.

To be fully honest with you, I'd say this is a false-positive detection, but I can not say for sure until I discuss this with our dev team.

I have forwarded this to our development team and hopefully this will be fixed in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Catalin

Re: Java Product - Gen:Variant.Bulz.401237 - Malware

Fri May 14, 2021 1:27 pm

Hello Chris,

I have further discussed this with our development team and unfortunately there is not much we can do to prevent this detection.

I have scanned every .DLL and .EXE that is part of this process (i.e. creating the executable for your .JAR) and all of them are clean (from the 18.2 version).

The only solution left in this case would be to submit the resulted executable from your .JAR file to the respective AntiVirus vendor so they can whitelist it.

For more information about this, please have a look over the following article:

False positive virus detection

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”