So, I have the same problem as discussed here, from 2016. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31807
I need to create a MST File for a vendor msi, add a few custom config files to it. What I want to come up with, is the original MSI, a new CAB-File containing only my additional files when saving the mst.
Here´s how I´m doing:
1. Download Java 8 update 291 exe-file from https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
2. Start the exe and copy out the msi from AppData\LocalLow\Oracle\Java\jre1.8.0_291
3. Create a new mst with Advanced Installer, point to the Java msi.
4. Add a file to the Java install folder.
5. Goto Builds, mark "MSI with resources next to it"
6. Choose Advanced CAB layout
7. Go to Advanced Layout tab, check that your added file is resided in Cab2.cab. Check that "Include CAB into the MSI database" is not selected.
8. Mark Cab1.Cab (with installer.exe) and select the "Include CAB into the MSI database".
9. File, Save as.(whatever name)
No new cab-file is created for only the added file.
Is this how it´s suppose to be or is it a bug? (again)
Advanced Installer 18.2, Architect version.