In one of my projects I have a registry entry that is based on a property (key and value both).
Meaning, the entry is created based on the input provided by the user in one of the dialog.
Recently, I enabled "Modify" option for the installer and when I change the input in this stage, I am expecting the registry should also get updated.
But, that is not the case. The registry entry remains unchanged.
However, if I manually rename the registry and then run the installer again in "Modify" state, it successfully creates the new entry with the updated value. I have attached a sample project with the above mentioned behaviour.
Steps to reproduce:
- Run the project and provide a value in the text input.
- Upon completion, some registry entries will be created
- In the control panel, click on "Update/Change" button
- Select "Modify" in "MaintenanceTyleDlg"
- Update the value (the old value if fetched via search + powershell custom action)
- Check the registry again