sanketdpm

SpringBoot web app accessible across network

Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:27 am

Hi,

I am packaging a SpringBoot web application using Advanced Installer. In the Install Parameters I've specified "Run as administrator" with execution level "Require Administrator" The installation works fine and the web application is perfectly usable on the same machine i.e. using "http://localhost:<port>" However, I am unable to access the web application from another machine on the same network.

If I run the SpringBoot application as stand-alone i.e. using "java -jar..." syntax, the web application is accessible on localhost as well as from any other machine on the same network.

I will like to understand what installation preferences are needed to make the web application accessible from outside the local machine.

Regards,
Sanket.

Catalin

Re: SpringBoot web app accessible across network

Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:01 pm

Hello Sanket and welcome to our forums,

To be fully honest with you, I am not quite familiar with SpringBoot, therefore I can not really say why the webserver is not accessible to other IP addresses from the same network.

However, I have done a little bit of research and this might be related to firewall rules:

How to setup spring-boot to allow access to the webserver from outside IP addresses

You can set up firewall rules in Advanced Installer from the "Windows Firewall Page".

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”