jonathanleach

Change basic settings of default website

Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:29 am

Hi,

I'm new to Advanced Installer. Our current setup has multiple applications running under the Default Web Site in IIS, and we then change the physical path of the Default Web Site to point to one of them making it the default application.

I was trying to achieve this using Advanced Installer but unlike applications I add there doesn't seem to be a way to edit the Default Web Site setting.

I have a PowerShell script that can change the physical path which works outside of AI, so I tried running this as a custom action (either as a Powershell inline script or as a file), but the installation fails. Is this a permissions issue (I have 'Run as administrator' set at Install Parameters...)? Is there another way of achieving this?

Regards,

Jonathan

Catalin

Re: Change basic settings of default website

Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:25 pm

Hello Jonathan and welcome to our forums,

Without having a look over the log file, I can not say for sure why your custom action is failing.

However, a common scenario might indeed be the one you have mentioned, where the custom action is not provided enough privileges.

If you want to run your custom action elevated, you could proceed as it follows:

- add it after the "Add resources" action group

- set its' "Execution Time" to "When the system is being modified (deferred)"

- under "Execution Options", check the "Run under the LocalSystem accound with full privileges (no impersonation)" option

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”