andre.silva-wdg

Ignored packages files is not working

Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:15 pm

Hello AI team!

I'm creating update patches and I'm using the Ignore packages files feature to skip updating some .config files that I update during the main install. With the application of the patch these files are being replaced even though you say to ignore them!
I check the log that is generated in the patch panel and apparently they are being disregarded from the analysis. Could you tell me what is going on?

Image attached

Andre Silva
Attachments
ignored-files.jpg
ignored-files.jpg (164.59KiB)Viewed 7419 times

Catalin

Re: Ignored packages files is not working

Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:02 pm

Hello Andre,

Unfortunately, I can not really say why this is happening.

In fact, I have tested this and everything worked as expected on my end - the file (in my case a .TXT file) was left untouched after applying the patch, while the other file which I have not excluded was modified accordingly.

In order for me to further investigate this, could you please create a sample project that reproduces this (you can make it as simple as using two .TXT files - one scheduled to be modified and one not) and forward it to me (either here or by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com)?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

andre.silva-wdg

Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:58 pm

Hello Catalin!
Thanks for your return!
I did a small test project and it behaves as expected!
Only in my production installer does this happen! I don't know if it's due to the size of the installer which is over 2 gigabytes.
I managed to get around by marking the option Do not overwrite existing file inside the installer template for the files I want not to be modified. That way I managed to get the expected result.
If you discover something based on this information I gave above, please update me in this post.

Thanks again!

Regards
Andre Gomes da Silva

Catalin

Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:05 pm

Hello Andre,

Thank you for your followup on this and for sharing your solution with us!

I am sure this will be of help for other users facing a similar scenario.
Only in my production installer does this happen! I don't know if it's due to the size of the installer which is over 2 gigabytes.
I will have a look over this specific scenario and I will update this thread if I find anything that might be of help.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”