Clima

Dirty Machine error

Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:57 pm

Dear Sirs,

Until recently I would use the Advanced Repackager to capture the installation operations of non .msi software without any problems.
However as of version 18 whenever I try to capture installation operations using the Repackager.
When it is checking the Target Machine state it says that "A previous packaging operation was detected on this computer". And a small box with "Dirty Machine" in front is show below. :shock:
The error message states " A previous packaging operation was detected on this computer. Creating a package without reverting to a clean state can prevent the application from functioning correctly. Consider Fix this manually."

I am at a loss as how to effect this "Dirty Machine" fix manually. :(

Could you please help me, by indicating which folders or files I need to delete or change.
Or what else I must do so as not to have the "Dirty Machine" error.

Thanks in advance,
Carlos Lima

Catalin

Re: Dirty Machine error

Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:55 am

Hello Carlos and welcome to our forums,

Normally, it is recommended to perform the repackaging operation on a clean state of your Virtual Machine (for instance, create a new checkpoint right after installing the Operating System).

Does this issue occur if you try to repackage using a clean checkpoint (for instance, a checkpoint where no previous installations were performed)?

For more information about this, please have a look over the following article: Repackaging Best Practices.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”