lazz

Capture disk1.cab extraction on healthy system?

Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:05 am

Hello,

I am working with an installation that uses your installer to pkg its product. I suspect the system is restricting the creation of disk1.cab. Is it possible to capture this file with a command line switch or something so that we can ensure it gets copied to the troublesome system to complete the product install?

Thank you,
Ray

Liviu

Re: Capture disk1.cab extraction on healthy system?

Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:48 pm

Hi Ray,

I'm not sure I understand your scenario, but if you have an .EXE setup and you want to extract the CAB file from it, then you can run the following command line:

Code: Select all

setupname.exe /extract

If that doesn't help you, can you please try to give us more details?

Best regards,
Liviu

lazz

Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:55 pm

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I have been off for holidays.

Thank you very much for the reply. I gave this a shot and was able to get the disk1.cab extracted. However, when I give it to the end user to drop into place during the install it is saying the certificate is invalid. Is there a way around this?

Basically, what is happening on the end users workstation is during the install process for some reason windows 10 is not allowing advanced installer to create the cab file. So it errors out saying disk1.cab is missing. So we tried to drop in the dab file manually as above which is now when we get the certificate error.

I am not sure why the system is not allowing the app to create the cab in the first place. AV disabled, etc. So thought we would do the manual extraction and drop the file in manually as a workaround.

Thank you,
Lazz

Liviu

Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:27 pm

Hi Lazz,

Can you please try to launch the EXE setup using a command line like this:

Code: Select all

setupname.exe /extract ExtractFilesFirst=1
This should force the setup to firstly try to extract the CAB file before proceeding with the installation.

Unfortunately, if this still doesn't help, please contact the package vendor regarding this issue. I really have no other workaround solution I could think of.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”