beli3ver

Updater is a download via HTTPS possible?

Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:19 am

Good morning,

For years, we have rolled out our updates over HTTP on an Apache web server on the Internet.
Now we wanted to roll out everything accordingly over HTTPS and have adjusted the links in the updates.txt accordingly, the problem, the updater can not establish a connection. If we adjust the links back to HTTP, everything works fine.
The update.txt can also be obtained wonderfully over HTTPS, but the download of the EXE is not possible over HTTPS.
We have checked the configuration of the Apache server several times and even allowed SSLv3, but still the problem remains.
So my question, is the updater SSL capable at all? And if yes, what else do I have to consider?

Catalin

Re: Updater is a download via HTTPS possible?

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:20 pm

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Normally, a connection over HTTPS should be possible with our Updater.

Everytime I am testing a scenario regarding our updater, I am using dropbox, where the connection is made over HTTPS.

Most likely, I would say this is related to your webserver's settings. Unfortunately, as I am not really familiar with Apache, I can not really say what the root cause for this might be.

If you try to manually download the EXE using the HTTPS link, does it work? If not, perhaps this is where you could start your investigations.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”