h.hasenack

VS2019 integration, cant get publishing to work with installer

Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:30 am

What do I want to accomplish? -
Compile all sources ane generate the installer as well from 1 "build" call/ mouse click

Environment/tools:
Using VS 2019, dotnet core and advanced installer Pro 18.6.1, and Advanced installer integration

What did I do?
add new Advanced installer project
Created (and tested!) an intermediate publishing folder
Use Integration ->Filesfolders->Add project output, and checked my publish setup "Publish for installer source"

What did I expect
That my inytermediate publishing folder (the input foplder for advanced installer) is filled with the latest compiled binaries
That my compiled setup script contains and installes the binaries on a target machine when executed

What went wrong?
My intermediate publish folder is flushed (empty) when I "build" my installer from within VS
My advanced installer resulting setup.exe is empty, it does not install any binaries when executed

Obviously I am missing something here. Any pointers will be helpful!
----------------------------
Kind regards,

Hans Hasenack
S&G Asset Management
Netherlands

h.hasenack

Re: VS2019 integration, cant get publishing to work with installer

Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:41 am

Extra diagnosis
- When i uncheck the intermediate publishing (through the "Add Project Output" Button, the intermediate publishing folder is NOT flushed
- When I publish (using VS) to the intermediate folder, and sync the "Application folder" with the intermediate publishing folder (using the synschronize tab in the properties editor in advanced installer), everything works as expected.
-during the build process I do net get any errors listed as far as I can see in the VS output pane.
----------------------------
Kind regards,

Hans Hasenack
S&G Asset Management
Netherlands

Daniel

Re: VS2019 integration, cant get publishing to work with installer

Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:02 pm

Hi Hans,

Not so sure why this happens. I tested the scenario but cannot replicate the behavior.

Can you please send us your VS solution (SLN file) and all of the project files it includes (only the project definition files without the source code files) by email at support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

Or even better, if you can isolate the behavior in a small sample you can fully share with us this will be great.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”