Zsolt Kollarits

Error during installation due to "Updater.exe"

Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:16 pm

Dear Advanced Installer Support Team,

One of our customers has reported us a problem: they are not able to install our product due to an error dialog on screen. They have a problem with the exe called TheEasyUpdater.exe -> actually this is your Updater feature -> in Advanced Installer on the Updater tab in Display section we use "TheEasyUpdater" as file name. This part of our Advanced Installer project was not changed since ages.

The customer sent us some screenshots and installation log files. I´m going to send over those files to you via email.

Could you please take a look at those files and advise us how to help the customer?

Best regards,
Zsolt

Catalin

Re: Error during installation due to "Updater.exe"

Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:21 am

Hello Zsolt,

Thank you for the provided files.

I have had a look over the log file and it looks like the "AI_UPDATER_SERVICE_CONFIG" custom action is failing.

This is a custom action proprietary to us that is related to the "Install support service" option from the "Updates" page.

Basically, what this custom action does is adding some additional permissions to the "updater" service for the "Everyone" group (such as Start, Stop, Read).

Luckily for us, there aren't many scenarios in which this custom action would fail.

Most likely, it fails because it hasn't enough rights to set the permissions for the service.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Zsolt Kollarits

Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:56 am

Dear Catalin,

Thank you for your answer, I will forward it to our customer :)

Best regards,
Zsolt

Catalin

Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:19 am

You are always welcome, Zsolt! :)

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”