holvaa

Language based prerequisit

Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:59 am

Hello,

With our software we deliver a reditributable copy of "Adobe Reader DC". Adobe does not provide a multilanguage msi so I have one for "English" and one for "German". I tried this:

1. I put both Adobe msi files in the prerequisits section
2. For the german msi i checked "Install only if the windows language is one of the following" and selected all german languages from the list
3. For the english msi I checked "Install prerequisit based on conditions" and "Product Version (identify by upgrade code)"

I was hoping that once the german msi is installed the english msi would not be executed since they both share the same upgrade code. But that didn't work out. Is there any way to install a prerequisit only "if the windows language is NOT one of the following" besides checking all languages in the list but the german ones?

Best regards,
holvaa

Catalin

Re: Language based prerequisit

Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:51 pm

Hello Holvaa,

If the prerequisite is either feature-based or post-install, you could condition its' feature installation (in "Organization" page) based on the "ProductLanguage Property".

Your approach is, however, also correct.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

holvaa

Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:45 am

Hello Catalin,

and again: Thank you so much. I didn't know about the possibillities of the "Organisation"-Page. You made my day!

Best regards
Holger

Catalin

Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:24 pm

You are always welcome, Holger!

I am glad I was able to help.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”