jusvu

How to add folder under Windows apps list

Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:40 am

Hi! I'm currently evaluating Advanced installer and it looks promising, but there's one issue I cannot solve. I cannot figure out, how to add the shortcut to the folder under apps list (the list you see if you click start button in Windows 10). Advanced installer automatically creates folder [application_name] and there's the shortcut with the same name. I would like to add the shortcut to the folder [company_name] (and place the app shortcut there. How to do that? I tried to create a new folder (company name) under "Files and Folders" -> "Application Shortcut Folder" and moved the auto-generated app shortcut to that folder (Shortcut "Project Path" shows SHORTCUTDIR\Company). But when I install the app, the folder "Company " is ignored and the shortcut "folder" name in the apps list is the name of the shortcut, not the name of the company.

Catalin

Re: How to add folder under Windows apps list

Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:12 pm

Hello and welcome to our forums,

First of all, thank you for trying out Advanced Installer.

I am glad to hear our product matched your expectations.

By default, the SHORTCUTDIR property resolves to "[ProgramMenuFolder][ProductName]".

This is the reason why the folder always has the name of your setup (because "ProductName" property resolves to the "Name" field from the "Product Details" page).

To change this behavior, please go to "Install Parameters" page and change the "Application Shortcut Folder" to something as it follows:

Code: Select all

[ProgramMenuFolder][Manufacturer]
This way, you shortcut should be created under a folder that takes the name of your company ("Publisher" field from "Product Details" page).

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

jusvu

Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:39 pm

It works, great! Thanks!

Catalin

Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:21 pm