sebastien.nadeau

Certificate while using -startminimized option

Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:34 pm

Hi,

We are currently working on a package setup that has a scheduled task in which we call the "updater.exe" application to check if there is a new version available on the server. We store the updater's txt configuration file along with the MSI package on a secured server with an SSL connection.

If we put the parameter "/checknow -startminimized" to the command line's arguments, we get the error message displayed in the attached image.

If we remove the "-startminimized" option from the command line and only keep the "/checknow" parameter, the update process correctly starts, as if we double click directly on the "updater.exe" file.

Is there any more settings required for this to work ?

If you need anything to help you diagnose the issue, do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Attachments
MicrosoftTeams-image.png
Error screenshot
MicrosoftTeams-image.png (9KiB)Viewed 5143 times

Liviu

Re: Certificate while using -startminimized option

Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:23 pm

Hi Sebastien and welcome to our forums,

I investigated it and tried to reproduce the behavior, but I was not able to replicate it.

On my machine the updater is working as expected with the -startminimized argument. I use Dropbox for the files which has an HTTPS connection.
Updater.png
Updater.png (1007.78KiB)Viewed 5122 times
ScheduledTask.png
ScheduledTask.png (68.54KiB)Viewed 5122 times

Can you please try to manually launch the updater.exe with the -startminimized argument and tell me if it works?

Otherwise, in order for us to further investigate this issue, can you please send us the following resources:

1. the new .AIP (project file)
2. the old .AIP (project file)
3. the Updates Configuration Project
4. a download link for the v1 (old) setup package
by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com?

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”