jusvu

Target dir bug

Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:16 pm

Hi! The default target dir in the app is [ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName]. If I want to change the default dir, it will not be changed in the aip file (it adds MultiBuildTarget instead).

If I want for example this directory; [ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer], the aip file content is:

<ROW Action="SET_APPDIR" Type="307" Source="APPDIR" Target="[ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName]" MultiBuildTarget="DefaultBuild:[ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]"/>

and the app will be istalled in the wrong directory. If I manually edit the aip file, like this:

<ROW Action="SET_APPDIR" Type="307" Source="APPDIR" Target="[ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]"/>

Then the installation is right.

Liviu

Re: Target dir bug

Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:14 pm

Hello,
If I want to change the default dir, it will not be changed in the aip file (it adds MultiBuildTarget instead).
This happens if you don't change the target build in the "Install Parameters" page.
BuildsInstallParameters.png
BuildsInstallParameters.png (146.14KiB)Viewed 7190 times

Can you please select the desired build and let me know if the problem persists?

Best regards,
Liviu

jusvu

Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:27 pm

I have only one target build, DefaultBuild. So I cannot change it. I just would like to change the target directory.

Liviu

Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:42 pm

Hello,

This is quite strange.

The MultiBuildTarget value appears only when you create multiple builds.

You can test this by creating a new project, when you have a single build the line is:

Code: Select all

<ROW Action="SET_APPDIR" Type="307" Source="APPDIR" Target="[ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName]">

Now if you add another build and open the project you can see that the MultiBuildTarget was added:

<ROW Action="SET_APPDIR" Type="307" Source="APPDIR" Target="[ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName]" MultiBuildTarget="DefaultBuild_1:[ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]"/>

Can you please send us the .AIP (setup project) file by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further test and investigate this?

Best regards,
Liviu

jusvu

Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:59 am

I sent you two AIP files. One before changing the Application Folder and another AIP after changing.

Here are the repro steps:
1. Create a new project without changing the Application folder. Now the folder path is [ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName]
2. Check the aip file, there’s now

<ROW Action="SET_APPDIR" Type="307" Source="APPDIR" Target="[ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName]"/>
3. Manually edit the Application Folder in Advanced Installer Install Parameters view, type for example: [ProgramFilesFolder][ProductName]
4. Check the aip file, there’s now

<ROW Action="SET_APPDIR" Type="307" Source="APPDIR" Target="[ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName]" MultiBuildTarget="DefaultBuild:[ProgramFilesFolder][ProductName]"/>
Check the target menu: only one target (DefaultBuild) is available

Liviu

Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:34 am

Hello,

I have replied to you over the email.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”