Serafín

Updater.ini URL issue

Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:55 pm

Hi,

I have incorporated "Updater" in our installer
From another installer / updater I need to change the value of "URL", but in Windows 10 the path is not changed, however with the same installer / updater, in other OS such as Windows 7 the path is updated well.

I have checked the permissions of the Updater.ini file and everything is correct.

In the configuration of the value "URL" in "Action" = "Create or update"

Any idea how I can solve this?

Catalin

Re: Updater.ini URL issue

Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:43 pm

Hello,

I am not quite sure I fully understand your scenario.

Are you saying that in a second installer, you try to update the "updater.ini" file installed by your first installer?

If so, could you please give me some more details about how you try to achieve this?

Most likely, if this works well on some machine, but doesn't work in another, I'd say there are some permission issues. However, I would need your confirmation so I can start testing this on our end.

If possible, you could try to create a sample project that reproduces this and forward it to me.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Serafín

Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:34 am

Hello,

Yes, that is the scenario of my distribution.

In my script I have added an Updater.ini file in which the URL value has to change and I have "Create or update" marked in the Action
On a Windows 7 OS the value for URL is updated correctly, but on a Windows 10 it does not.

I have checked the permissions of the affected files and folders but everything is correct.
I have disabled the UAC system and the .ini file is still not updated.

I will prepare an example to send to support.

Catalin

Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:17 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your followup on this.

If you could send me a sample project that reproduces this and a test-case, that would be great.

You can send it by email at support at advancedinstaller dot com.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”